Hi Everyone, and welcome to my Monthly Favourites for September. How did I get here? This year is going so fast and as soon as it reached the end of September the weather suddenly changed into Autumn. Isn’t it just so lovely?
September has been a quieter month for me in all. Here are just a few things which has been happening:
- I reached my goal of 600 followers on Instagram. Thank you to everyone who has followed me. If you follow me, I will follow back.
- Recovered from my holiday to Spain and my mini break in London. I have done 2 blogposts about London which are about things to see and do in London on a budget and unique and affordable places to eat and drink in London.
- Saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Birmingham Hippodrome. I ‘Truly’ loved the show and got to see the amazing Carrie Hope Fletcher. The review I wrote is also on my blog.
- The Great British Bake Off is in full swing and I am totally addicted! I am absolutely gutted that it is moving to Channel 4 and ultimately we will be losing our favourite TV pair; Mary & Paul.
- Even though I am no longer a student, it has been the month of seeing many Graduates and Freshers around the City. Did you manage to see my Study Tips which I created in collaboration with The Part-Time Mermaid herself Julia, and also my Top 10 Tips for Graduation?
- I started watching Gilmore Girls and I am totally obsessed.
- Autumn has set in and my big Cardigans/Jumpers have finally come back into my daily wardrobe.
September Monthly Favourites
Film – Suicide Squad
Ok, I’ve cheated. I saw Suicide Squad in August really, but it was at the end and I still love it now; so I’m classing it as a September favourite. I went to Everyman Cinema in Birmingham Mail Box to see the film, and if i’m honest; I expected to hate it. I really enjoyed the film and like many other people, I fell in love with Harley Quinn. I think she is just so crazy and Margot did I great job of playing her. That’s in my eyes anyway, I can’t claim that I’m a comic book fan or a film critic in the slightest; but I enjoyed the film. I have even pre-ordered the Steelbook edition of the film.
TV Show – The Great British Bake Off
As you probably saw from my blogpost called Are You Addicted to The Great British Bake Off?, I am loving Bake Off at the moment. It really sets me into the mood for Autumn and all the homemade baked goodies which come with Autumn, Winter and Christmas. I am super excited for Christmas already. Yes, I am one of those kind of people.
Who are you rooting for to win Bake Off this year? I have a feeling either Candice or Benjamina could go on to win the show.
Movie Soundtrack – Suicide Squad
I think this Soundtrack is amazing! I have 2 movie soundtrack albums which I love and they are Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad. Oh, and Harry Potter. I love everything Harry Potter! Hufflepuff for life!
Music – My Way – Calvin Harris
This song is a perfect end of Summer song. It is a dance track and has a chilled out vibe which brings us nicely into the Autumn.
Musical Soundtrack – The Lion King
I am super excited to go and see The Lion King in the West End in October, that I have been listening to the soundtrack on repeat. Not much more to say, it is just amazing!
Beauty – Clinique: Superbalanced Silk Foundation
After trying out Clinique’s Chubby Foundation Stick I wanted to try a liquid foundation for Autumn, so I headed back to Clinique to try out their 10 day trial of the new Superbalanced Silk Foundation. I loved it so much that I ended up going to pick it up a week later. I will do a full review of the foundation very soon.
Shopping – Mac
I am totally addicted to Mac Lipsticks and Lipliners recently. I think their lipsticks are super pigmented and they are just gorgeous. I will do a review on them soon with my favourite combo’s.
Nails – Shellac – Denim Patch
Every so often, I love to treat myself to a Shellac Manicure. I love the colours that they have, I love the relax I have while having my nails done and I love that my nail polish lasts without chips for 3-4 weeks. It’s just so easy. One of their new colours for Autumn is a blue colour called Denim Patch. It has to be my favourite colour nail polish ever. My wardrobe consists of grey, denim, blues and browns, so this colour is just perfect.
Food & Drink – M& S Lamb Mousakka
On a Saturday night sometimes, my Boyfriend and I head to Marks & Spencer for a Meal Deal (meal for 2) for £10. I love their Mousakka meal deal and it is delicious, made from Lamb, Potatoes, Creamy Sauce and Aubergine.
Blogposts in September
Days Out – Unique Places for Food & Drink in London
Lifestyle – Are You Addicted to The Great British Bake Off?
Lifestyle – 10 Thoughts While Growing-Up
Monthly Favourites – September Monthly Favourites