It may be the shortest month of the year, but I seem to have done so much! I love a busy month 🙂
What has happened this month:
- Teddy came home!
- I saw 2 films at Everyman Cinema – my favourite cinema every. I saw The Greatest Showman and Black Panther.
- I am going to be a Bridesmaid in June 2019, so we decided to have a Bridesmaid catch-up with the Bride, Maid of Honour and 3 Bridesmaids.
- I became addicted to Nando’s and had 3 within the month of February.
- I completed all 10 Season’s of Friends over the months of January & February! I LOVED IT!
- I had a spring clean in my room and got rid of a small bin full of make-up which was either out of date or unable to go to a new home. I have been able to find a home for the make-up I haven’t used.
- I went to a Baby Shower for my cousin and we had Afternoon Tea. She is expecting a baby gil in March.
Monthly Favourites // February 2018
Film – The Greatest Showman & Black Panther
As I mentioned previously, this month I got to watch 2 films in the cinema – The Greatest Showman and Black Panther. I was going to try and choose one as my favourite, but I loved them both for separate reasons.
The Greatest Showman
Here are a few reasons why The Greatest Showman is amazing and a must watch:
- Hugh Jackman!
- Zac Efron – allowing us to relive High School Musical and Hairspray!
- It’s a Musical!
- It has a great storyline!
- The songs are out of this world and will be stuck in your head for weeks after!
- It is empowering!
I loved Black Panther – and I really didn’t think I would. I am not sure why, but since seeing DC films recently; the next Marvel Film just wasn’t appealing to me. I have no previous knowledge of Black Panther or his origin story, but when my Boyfriend persuaded me to go (with the promise of a burger) I decided to give it a go.
I did not regret it. The origin story of Black Panther is amazing! It shows the struggles which T’Challa goes through in becoming King of Wakanda. The city is breathtaking, the effects are amazing and the story is great. Well worth a watch before Avengers: Infinity War comes out.
TV Show – F.R.I.E.N.D.S & Winter Olympics
Well, I am truly upset! Friends marathon is officially over for me. I loved Friends, even though it has been a bit controversial with some Millenials. I just appreciate it for what it is – funny, light-hearted and great background watching.
I have been loving the Winter Olympics this month. My Boyfriend and I have been watching the catch-ups on iPlayer 🙂
Soundtrack – The Greatest Showman
This month I don’t have a music favourite as such; as the whole of The Greatest Showman soundtrack has been a favourite of mine.
My favourite songs have got to be; Come Alive, A Million Dreams, The Greatest Show, This is Me, The Other Side and Rewrite the Stars.
Blogging – VERO
At the end of February, a new Social Media app hit the scene called VERO. I have signed-up, but still have no idea what I am doing.
You can follow me by searching “Steph’s World”.
Food & Drink – Nando’s
3 Nando’s over 1 month…well I think I have refound my love of the delicious Chicken!
After not having Nando’s for over a year, we decided to pop in on a whim. From there I visited with friends after seeing The Greatest Showman and also for our Bridesmaid meal!
My order: 1/4 Chicken (Plain), Peri-Salted Chips and Coleslaw with a bottomless Coke. Just in case anyone wants to bring me Nando’s. Anyone?
Place To Be – Birmingham
I have visited Birmingham 3 times this month and I always forget how much I love it in the City. It has so much to do and so many good places to eat. We also ate at The Canal House which I would very much recommend.
Teddy’s Favourites – Single Door Crate (Pets at Home – £27)
After 2 weeks of Teddy sleeping (poorly) in his big crate in the kitchen, we decided that it just wasn’t working for him or us.
Teddy wanted to be with his family, so we got him a smaller crate and put it into my parent’s bedroom, fully kitted out with a comfy bed and blankets. Teddy now sleeps much better, we sleep much better and we even have to drag him out of his bed to go outside or to eat.
Would recommend this crate as it is sturdy, has a good lock on the front, comfy and the Small crate is a perfect size for our puppy and he will be able to grow into it.
Blogposts // February 2018
Monthly Favourites – January 2018
Monthly Favourites – February 2018