We are already onto Week 4 of The Great British Bake Off, and I for one am addicted! I cannot wait for Wednesday to come around so I can have my weekly fix of Mary, Paul, Mel, Sue and the bakers. I really hope that I’m not the only one who is addicted to The Great British Bakeoff.
Being addicted to The Great British Bake Off is not a bad thing in my eyes. It teaches you so many useful tips which you can use in your own baking, and encouraging you to make your own cakes, biscuits or bread is so good.
I know a lot of people are in denial about being addicted to The Great British Bake Off. I mean, how can you be addicted to a programme? I have come up with 10 ways to tell if you are addicted, and if you match more than one; it is safe to say you can join the gang.
10 ways to know if you’re addicted to The Great British Bake Off!
1. You don’t dare to go out on a Wednesday night!
2. If you get forced into going out, you avoid every form of Social Media, Newspaper and the Internet in general.
3. You plan you night around 8pm. You cannot dare to miss a minute of the action.
4. You find yourself saying “Welcome to…The Great British Bake Off” along with Mel and Sue.
5. You get the urge to go out buy lots of ingredients so you can get back into baking.
6. You feel the pain for the contestants when a Gingerbread House falls apart or when their bakes get judged.
7. You encourage everyone in your life to watch The Bake Off so you always have someone to talk to about it.
8. You dismiss anyone who says “It’s so boring” or “It’s not my kind of show”. Is that someone you really need in your life anyway?
9. You judge everything you eat and find yourself saying “This Bakewell has a bit of a soggy bottom”.
10. You secretly wish Mary was your Grandma. She would bake you so many nice cakes and goodies.
Are you addicted to The Great British Bake Off?
So what are the results? How many of these do you do too? Please let me know in the comments below.
I am already thinking of what I am going to do to pass the time and fulfil my addiction when this series finishes.