I recently made this family fruit cake for a birthday and remembered how much I loved this recipe. It is so easy to make, but I have to say it is not the healthiest cake. It is delicious though and perfect for the cooler Autumnal weather.
Fruit Cake Recipe // Super Easy & Super Unhealthy
An easy to make hearty Fruit Cake, perfect for the cooler weather.
- 1lb Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- 8oz Margarine
- 4 Eggs
- 10 tbsp Milk
- 4oz Mixed Fruit
- 4oz Cherries
- Mix together the Margarine, Caster Sugar and Demerara Sugar until smooth.
- Add the Mixed Spice and Baking Powder to the mix.
- Sieve in half of the Self Raising Flour, add 2 of the Eggs and 5 tbsp's of Milk and mix together.
- Now add the other half of the Self Raising Flour, 2 Eggs and 5 tbsp's of Milk.
- Once all mixed together until a thick mixture, add the Mixed Fruit.
- Half the Cherries and add to the mix.
- Bake for 60-70 Minutes on 180°C, until cooked all the way through.