Welcome back to my Christmas Blogger Q&A series. The series is running from 1st December right up to the big day. Today we welcome Sian from The English Everygirl.
The English Everygirl
Hi everyone, I’m Sian, 25, and I run The English Everygirl. I work full-time at a marketing agency, where I specialise mostly in social media and a bit of copywriting. When I’m not at work, I’m still working! I am a freelance writer and blogger for a number of websites as well as running my own blog. No rest for the wicked, eh? If I do get a chance to relax, I spend most of my time watching TV box sets or musicals.
1) Where do you spend Christmas Day and what do you usually do?
Nowadays, I spend Christmas Day at home with my parents. I’m an only child so I still get spoiled! We usually wake up between 8am-9am, open presents and start prepping the dinner. After eating too much, we spend the afternoon sitting watching classic British comedy on tv. The night is spent eating a buffet and watching Strictly!
2) Do you have any traditions which your family have or you have started?
Every Christmas Eve, my dad and I spend the day doing some last-minute wrapping and watching The Muppets’ Christmas Carol, our favourite festive film.
3) Which Christmas character would you like to be and why?
Can I be one of those women in those cheesy Hallmark movies? The ones that fall in love with a stranger or do something epic on Christmas Day?
4) If you were able to invite 3 famous figures (past or present) to Christmas dinner, who would you invite and why?
- Judy Garland because she is my absolute idol.
- Dina Asher-Smith because I feel like she is a really bright, young athlete who seems like such fun too!
- Sophia Bush, pushing the boundaries as an actress by being vocal about politics and her beliefs.
5) If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Does at home count? I adore New York though, so I’d have to say there.
6) Tell us your best Christmas cracker joke…
What do you call a snowman during the summer? A puddle!
7 ) In the past I have asked about your favourite song & movie, this year I’m asking, what is your favourite Christmas TV Special?
Downton Abbey’s Christmas specials are my favourite. It’s the perfect Christmas Day show too! Other than that, I’d go for the Vicar of Dibley, the Christmas Lunch Incident. Geraldine is invited to attend four Christmas lunches and even though I watch it every single year, it is always funny!
8) Do you own any Christmas Jumpers, and do you have any favourites?
I’ve only just started wearing Christmas tops/jumpers in recent years but they’re currently still hidden in the loft somewhere! I usually go down the subtle route and my favourite is navy and red with foxes on it!
9) Do you usually hit the shops or do your shopping online?
I used to try shopping in person but when you are out of the house 7.30am-6.30pm, it’s a little difficult! Now I do most of mine online because I can just get it delivered straight to work!
10) Where is your favourite place to visit on the run up to Christmas?
I adore visiting local towns’ markets in the lead up to Christmas. Living in Yorkshire means there are a tonne of places to explore; we have so many little market towns and you can find such amazing, unique gifts as well as my favourite part: the food!
What have you got coming up on your blog in 2019?
I’m hoping to relaunch my blog in 2019 and hopefully go full-time freelance. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while now but I just need to increase my client base first! I’m hoping to post a wider range of content on my blog as well as more consistently. I want to up my knowledge as well as my photography skills!