Welcome back to my Christmas Blogger Q&A series. The series is running from 1st December right up to the big day. Today we welcome Victoria from RetroSnowflakes.
I’m a twenty seven year old blogger based in Northern Ireland who likes to talk about lifestyle, mental health and fitness. I prefer writing thought provoking pieces these days because it helps me form a more detailed opinion on a certain subject but I believe it has helped me grow my blog to the stage it is at now.
1) Where do you spend Christmas Day and what do you usually do?
Last year was the first Christmas for my boyfriend and I so we had a very relaxed day. We stayed at my house on Christmas Eve, woke up on Christmas morning to play with my kitten for a few hours while opening presents then we headed around to his house to start on our dinner. We’re pretty low key so it was a nice way to spend Christmas.
2) Do you have any traditions which your family have or you have started?
I don’t have any family traditions; we weren’t that type of family but from a personal point of view, I watch the first Santa Clause (starring Tim Allen) every Christmas Eve and when I put the tree up too.
3) Which Christmas character would you like to be and why?
I don’t think I could be an elf because it sounds like a lot of stress but I would love to be a gift wrapper (that’s a Christmas character, right?) I find it so therapeutic.
4) If you were able to invite 3 famous figures (past or present) to Christmas dinner, who would you invite and why?
- The person who created the Santa Clause persona.
- Craig Ferguson and Geoff Peterson (one of the best duo’s!)
- Anyone who had a mind blowingly popular Christmas song before 2000’s.
5) If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I have two answers for this; I think it would be interesting to experience Christmas in a warm climate because it’s something I’ve never had before but at the same time and with a really cliche answer, New York is the first city I think of.
6) Tell us your best Christmas cracker joke…
What kind of motorbike does Santa ride?
A Holly Davidson!
7 ) In the past I have asked about your favourite song & movie, this year I’m asking, what is your favourite Christmas TV Special?
I don’t have a favourite Christmas TV Special so as I mentioned before, I watch The Santa Clause and that is my all time favourite film. It’s one I go back to multiple times in December and it’s a really feel good family film.
8) Do you own any Christmas Jumpers, and do you have any favourites?
I am the queen of Christmas jumpers. My favourite one is a dark red fitted jumper that I got from Tesco a few years ago. It has little penguins on it and it has like pom pom baubles on it acting like balls of snow. It’s so cute!
9) Do you usually hit the shops or do your shopping online?
I like to try and have a nice balance between both. If you can afford to buy your shopping in one go, I think online is a great option but I still love walking around the shops looking for gift ideas. As long as we try and shop independent more often, no one way is better than the other.