Welcome back to my Christmas Blogger Q&A series and the last one in the series. The series is ran from 1st December right up to the big day. Today I am completing my Christmas Blogger Q&A.
I hope you enjoyed the series and got to learn more about your favourite bloggers and discover some new amazing blogs. If you would like to see the series return, let me know in the comments below. But for now, lets get started on my Q&A…
Hey everyone, my name is Steph and I am the person behind Steph’s World. I am a Lifestyle Blogger with interests in Days Out, Theatre and writing about my Poochon, Teddy.
I am a twenty-something-year-old blogger and I have been doing it for over 3 years now. It has gone so fast! I am based in the West Midlands and spend most of my time dreaming about travelling the world.
1) Where do you spend Christmas Day and what do you usually do?
I usually spend Christmas with my family but do also spend some time with my Boyfriends Family doing the traditional Christmas Present swaps.
Usually, my parents and I will wake up and unwrap any presents, as well as giving our pets their gifts from Santa Paws. We then have a cuppa and a bacon sandwich before all the Christmas lunch preparations start. My Boyfriend then will come over and we unwrap our presents before heading back to his for an hour or two before Christmas dinner.
2) Do you have any traditions which your family have or you have started?
On Christmas Eve, my Mom and I take a trip to the hairdressers to have our hair and nails done. This year we are going a little earlier in December. It has become a tradition since I had my hair cut into a Bob after my hair loss which was happening throughout the year prior.
3) Which Christmas character would you like to be and why?
I would love to by Buddy the Elf from Elf. I just love the way he is always so happy and naive. It just makes me want to be a child again and relive Christmas the way I used to see it.
4) If you were able to invite 3 famous figures (past or present) to Christmas dinner, who would you invite and why?
This is quite difficult to just invite three, but here we go…
- Carrie Hope Fletcher – because we could discuss all things to do with theatre. Carrie seems a genuinely lovely person and would be great fun to have at the dinner table.
- Dawn French – because she is hilarious and I think she would bring so much joy to a Christmas dinner. I would have to give her lots of sprouts though.
- Mrs Hinch – because she seems so lovely and then she would also help me with the clearing away and the Hinching.
It seems to be that I have a very female orientated fantasy Christmas dinner table.
5) If you could spend Christmas anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I would have to be quite cliche here and say that I would love to spend Christmas in New York. I have never visited America, but I would love to visit NYC at Christmas as it looks so pictureque in the films. It would be extra special if it snowed too.
6) Tell us your best Christmas cracker joke…
How does Santa keep track of all the fireplaces he’s visited?
He keeps a log book.
7 ) In the past I have asked about your favourite song & movie, this year I’m asking, what is your favourite Christmas TV Special?
I personally love the Vicar of Dibley Christmas special where Geraldine has to attend 4 Christmas dinners as well as having a Brussel Sprout eating competition with Hugo. It was just one brilliant Christmas special.
I do have to say though, I really enjoy the Royle Family Christmas specials too, especially the one where Denise and Dave host Christmas and Denise makes cup-a-soup in a bowl and they defrost the Turkey in the bath.
8) Do you own any Christmas Jumpers, and do you have any favourites?
I love a good Christmas jumper. I think I must have about 6 now…oops.
My favourite still has to be my Christmas jumper from George (ASDA) which has a Rose Gold Reindeer on a gold shimmery jumper.
9) Do you usually hit the shops or do your shopping online?
I usually do a little bit of both. Where I can, I will shop with small businesses and local shops, but then where I need to I will usually turn to Amazon or supermarkets. I try to avoid the town centres on the run up to Christmas where possible.
10) Where is your favourite place to visit on the run up to Christmas?
On the run up to Christmas I love to visit 2 places. 1, the Birmingham German Christmas Market at least once, and 2, I love to visit Church and attend a carol service. There is nothing I enjoy more than singing Silent Night while holding a candle in a darkened Church. It sounds perfect and sets Christmas up perfectly for me.